This post is a work in progress and needs a full rewrite. I will update it with more info. The process and offers keeps changing. Credit Check Total aka CCT run by Experian is one of the better Credit Monitoring Services (CMS), but it has several quirks. One trick is to get unlimited free 7 day trials without any gaps in the Experian additional FICO reports. Each free trial comes with one 3 bureau report that you can pull at any time during the trial. Don't forget to use it before the trial ends or it is forfeit. I have had continuous CCT free trial coverage for over two years now, not counting the times where I either forgot or didn't bother to log in on any given day. CCT gives several scores daily: F8 the most commonly used, F2 the Experian mortgage score, FICO Auto 2 and 8, FICO Bankcard 2 and 8, and F3. Plus one pull of EQ-F8 and TU-F8 per free 7 or 30 day trial. When you go to the main login screen you should get an option for a free 7 or 30 day trial. Ignore the $1 trial offer. If you get the free 7 day option take it, if you get the 30 day option refuse and keep the basic membership. If you didn't get the 7 day option yet, log in and when you get to the member overview page there should be an option for a membership upgrade to the right of your score. If you received the 30 day offer before this may give you the option for a free 7 day membership now. As of around October 2021 they are also offering bundles, a $4.99 intro for the first month of Credit Works 30 day service, and $4.99 bundles for sets of FICO pulls for non members. Skip all of those. The choices seem to change frequently as of Fall 2021, hopefully they stabilize and keep giving us free trials. If you still didn't get a 7 day offer: Start the process to check your 3-bureau reports by going to the "Reports & Scores" tab and click either "Credit Reports" or "FICO Scores" from the drop down options, and then click "Review my 3 scores" and that should get you a free 7 day trial. Review my 3 scores.png If you still haven't gotten a free 7 day offer: Go to "Reports & Scores" tab and click "FICO Scores" from the drop down options, and then go to "Compare All". CCT Review All 3 FICO Scores.JPG The path you take to log in and get the free trial can vary, I will try and outline them in detail as I encounter them. If the steps I outlined above don't work keep bouncing around the various pages and attempt to view scores that you don't have access to, possibly try logging out and back in to refresh offers. The steps I usually take: 1) Go to https://www.creditchecktotal.com/ 2) Select member login 3) Sign in button (my info is auto filled by my browser) 4) I am now at the screen shot page and hit Submit Secure Order 5) My profile > Membership tab 6) Do you want to change your Experian CreditWorks℠ Premium Membership? *Click* Update online. 7) Select CreditWorks Basic > Pick 'Not worth the price too expensive' (I doubt that last part matters) I then keep my premium benefits for 11 days before repeating the process. Experian Free Trial.JPG After you have cancelled the free trial it will say at the top of the member overview page "When your subscription ends in 11 days, you will no longer be able to lock or unlock your credit report." Despite it being a 7 day trial it lasts 11 days. Seeing that banner is my reminder that I cancelled, if the banner says anything else I go and cancel.
Re: Guide to unlimited Credit Check Total free trials

17 of 22
2 years ago
Tue May 10, 2022 12:50 pm
Saeren
Rebel Administrator
Level2 Last INQFriday, May 3, 2024 Gardening For2 months, 24 days, 3 hours, and 12 minutes Next Level in6 days, 20 hours, and 48 minutes on August 3rd INQ 1yr onSaturday, May 3, 2025 INQ 1yr in9 months, 5 days, 20 hours, and 48 minutes INQ 2yr onSunday, May 3, 2026 INQ 2yr in1 year, 9 months, 5 days, 20 hours, and 48 minutes Goal6 months Goal DateSunday, November 3, 2024 Goal In3 months, 6 days, 20 hours, and 48 minutes
beets18 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:07 am It does look like they improved the credit freeze section. If I recall correctly, it used to be a form where you could optionally enter your PIN, and was always the biggest hassle of the three bureaus. experian-freeze.PNG
Yeah. I noticed last night that on my desktop it was sending me to the form but my phone sends me to the toggle. So dumb lol.
Saeren
  • Score data TU8 799/EX8 786/EQ8 805
    EQ5 770/EX2 757
    8/18/2023

18 of 22
2 years ago
Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:16 pm
AllZero
Outlier
AllZero has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level28 Last INQSaturday, March 26, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 4 months, 1 day, 3 hours, and 12 minutes Next Level in29 days, 20 hours, and 48 minutes on August 26th INQ 1yr onSunday, March 26, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 4 months, 1 day, 3 hours, and 12 minutes ago INQ 2yr onTuesday, March 26, 2024 INQ 2yr reached4 months, 1 day, 3 hours, and 12 minutes ago
@NoMoneyNoHoney Use CCT or https://www.experian.com/ for your free weekly 3 bureau FICO 8 scores. Don't forget to cancel/downgrade to free before the reoccurring payment is due.
AllZero

19 of 22
A year ago
Fri May 12, 2023 11:41 pm
Slabenstein
OutlierDinosaurs are patriots
Slabenstein has passed the 12 month threshold!
No scorable inquiries on file!
Level22 Last INQThursday, September 1, 2022 Gardening For1 year, 10 months, 26 days, 3 hours, and 12 minutes Next Level in4 days, 20 hours, and 48 minutes on August 1st INQ 1yr onFriday, September 1, 2023 INQ 1yr reached10 months, 26 days, 3 hours, and 12 minutes ago INQ 2yr onSunday, September 1, 2024 INQ 2yr in1 month, 4 days, 20 hours, and 48 minutes Goal24 months Goal DateSunday, September 1, 2024 Goal In1 month, 4 days, 20 hours, and 48 minutes
Just a warning to those who regularly do the CCT free trial: Experian billed me for a regular subscription this month, even though I had cancelled my trial before its end date. When I called their CS line, they said I was billed in error and issued me a refund. Afaik, this was just some issue with my account specifically and not something widespread, but I thought ppl still might want a heads-up.
Slabenstein
  • Score data EX8 817, TU8 834, EQ8 834

20 of 22
A year ago
Sat May 13, 2023 5:15 pm
Saeren
Rebel Administrator
Level2 Last INQFriday, May 3, 2024 Gardening For2 months, 24 days, 3 hours, and 12 minutes Next Level in6 days, 20 hours, and 48 minutes on August 3rd INQ 1yr onSaturday, May 3, 2025 INQ 1yr in9 months, 5 days, 20 hours, and 48 minutes INQ 2yr onSunday, May 3, 2026 INQ 2yr in1 year, 9 months, 5 days, 20 hours, and 48 minutes Goal6 months Goal DateSunday, November 3, 2024 Goal In3 months, 6 days, 20 hours, and 48 minutes
Slabenstein wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:41 pm Just a warning to those who regularly do the CCT free trial: Experian billed me for a regular subscription this month, even though I had cancelled my trial before its end date. When I called their CS line, they said I was billed in error and issued me a refund. Afaik, this was just some issue with my account specifically and not something widespread, but I thought ppl still might want a heads-up.
Yeah after Experian did this to me, I switched to using VCCs. I called them and they insisted I never canceled and then they randomly refunded me like two weeks later. A second time I had the cancelation email and they tried to bill me, billing failed, and every time I tried to log in for a month and a half it wouldn't let me do anything because I wouldn't give them a valid card to charge. Since you have to log in to manage your freeze now, I can only suggest people be careful.
Saeren
    EQ5 770/EX2 757
    8/18/2023

21 of 22
A year ago
Sat May 13, 2023 7:30 pm
Slabenstein
OutlierDinosaurs are patriots
Slabenstein has passed the 12 month threshold!
No scorable inquiries on file!
Level22 Last INQThursday, September 1, 2022 Gardening For1 year, 10 months, 26 days, 3 hours, and 12 minutes Next Level in4 days, 20 hours, and 48 minutes on August 1st INQ 1yr onFriday, September 1, 2023 INQ 1yr reached10 months, 26 days, 3 hours, and 12 minutes ago INQ 2yr onSunday, September 1, 2024 INQ 2yr in1 month, 4 days, 20 hours, and 48 minutes Goal24 months Goal DateSunday, September 1, 2024 Goal In1 month, 4 days, 20 hours, and 48 minutes
Saeren wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:15 pm
Slabenstein wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:41 pm Just a warning to those who regularly do the CCT free trial: Experian billed me for a regular subscription this month, even though I had cancelled my trial before its end date. When I called their CS line, they said I was billed in error and issued me a refund. Afaik, this was just some issue with my account specifically and not something widespread, but I thought ppl still might want a heads-up.
Yeah after Experian did this to me, I switched to using VCCs. I called them and they insisted I never canceled and then they randomly refunded me like two weeks later. A second time I had the cancelation email and they tried to bill me, billing failed, and every time I tried to log in for a month and a half it wouldn't let me do anything because I wouldn't give them a valid card to charge. Since you have to log in to manage your freeze now, I can only suggest people be careful.
Yeah, I also forgot to go through the steps to cancel the trial on my wife's account one of the times I refreshed it recently and got legitimately charged, so I'm probably done with free trials for now. We bought our house, so there's no real reason to keep up on our scores to that degree atm.
Slabenstein
  • Score data EX8 817, TU8 834, EQ8 834

22 of 22
A year ago
Sat May 13, 2023 9:39 pm
Saeren
Rebel Administrator
Slabenstein wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:30 pm
Saeren wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:15 pm
Yeah, I also forgot to go through the steps to cancel the trial on my wife's account one of the times I refreshed it recently and got legitimately charged, so I'm probably done with free trials for now. We bought our house, so there's no real reason to keep up on our scores to that degree atm.
Yeah my husband and I don't feel like we will be able to afford a house any time soon... Probably 10+ years, if ever, so it's not all that important to me either.
Saeren
    EQ5 770/EX2 757
    8/18/2023
Processing