Has anyone ever had the following situation? If so, what did you do about it? Wrong address appears on Equifax report Call support to get it fixed, wrong address goes away Wrong address comes back the next day, correct address is set to former address I think this may be happening to me. Yesterday I called in to Equifax and asked them what my address was. They gave be a wrong address that I've never used or been associated with in any way, and which does not appear on the Equifax website or in the list of disputable items. They said I had no former addresses. A supervisor removed this address for me, and I think it worked because I was finally able to authenticate over the phone using the correct address, and creditkarma was finally able to retrieve my data from Equifax. The next day, I called Equifax back. I was able to authenticate over the phone using both the wrong address and the correct address. I asked them what my address was. They said that my current address was the wrong address, and my former address was my correct address. Every rep I talked to seemed to find slightly different info, but it sounds like potentially yesterday my wrong address was removed and my correct address was added today, the wrong address was automatically re-added and my correct address was demoted to former.
Equifax: my address keeps resetting back to the same wrong address?

1 of 3
3 months ago
Sat May 11, 2024 7:28 pm
A default user avatar.
TyrannicalDuncery
Authorized Rebel
Has anyone ever had the following situation? If so, what did you do about it?
  1. Wrong address appears on Equifax report
  2. Call support to get it fixed, wrong address goes away
  3. Wrong address comes back the next day, correct address is set to former address
I think this may be happening to me. Yesterday I called in to Equifax and asked them what my address was. They gave be a wrong address that I've never used or been associated with in any way, and which does not appear on the Equifax website or in the list of disputable items. They said I had no former addresses. A supervisor removed this address for me, and I think it worked because I was finally able to authenticate over the phone using the correct address, and creditkarma was finally able to retrieve my data from Equifax. The next day, I called Equifax back. I was able to authenticate over the phone using both the wrong address and the correct address. I asked them what my address was. They said that my current address was the wrong address, and my former address was my correct address. Every rep I talked to seemed to find slightly different info, but it sounds like potentially
  1. yesterday my wrong address was removed and my correct address was added
  2. today, the wrong address was automatically re-added and my correct address was demoted to former.
TyrannicalDuncery
A default user avatar.
Re: Equifax: my address keeps resetting back to the same wrong address?

2 of 3
2 months ago
Tue May 14, 2024 3:29 am
Saeren
Rebel Administrator
Level2 Last INQFriday, May 3, 2024 Gardening For2 months, 24 days, 2 hours, and 32 minutes Next Level in6 days, 21 hours, and 28 minutes on August 3rd INQ 1yr onSaturday, May 3, 2025 INQ 1yr in9 months, 5 days, 21 hours, and 28 minutes INQ 2yr onSunday, May 3, 2026 INQ 2yr in1 year, 9 months, 5 days, 21 hours, and 28 minutes Goal6 months Goal DateSunday, November 3, 2024 Goal In3 months, 6 days, 21 hours, and 28 minutes
When this happens it's because a creditor updated your file with the incorrect info. You have to find out which creditor is supplying the info and fix it with them. I had a similar thing happen where I disputed a bunch of inaccurate names off my TransUnion report and I would get emails that they were added back and then taken off again. When the offending creditors stopped reporting (they were all collections of course), I stopped seeing the names and stopped getting the emails.
Saeren
  • Score data TU8 799/EX8 786/EQ8 805
    EQ5 770/EX2 757
    8/18/2023
Re: Equifax: my address keeps resetting back to the same wrong address?

3 of 3
2 months ago
Tue May 14, 2024 10:30 am
Slabenstein
OutlierDinosaurs are patriots
Slabenstein has passed the 12 month threshold!
No scorable inquiries on file!
Level22 Last INQThursday, September 1, 2022 Gardening For1 year, 10 months, 26 days, 2 hours, and 32 minutes Next Level in4 days, 21 hours, and 28 minutes on August 1st INQ 1yr onFriday, September 1, 2023 INQ 1yr reached10 months, 26 days, 2 hours, and 32 minutes ago INQ 2yr onSunday, September 1, 2024 INQ 2yr in1 month, 4 days, 21 hours, and 28 minutes Goal24 months Goal DateSunday, September 1, 2024 Goal In1 month, 4 days, 21 hours, and 28 minutes
Like @Saeren said, one of your creditors has the wrong address for you and is sending that to the credit bureaus each time they update their tradeline. You'll have to figure out which creditor that is and change the address with them. Otherwise, the incorrect address will keep re-appearing. Addresses aren't scored, so it's up to you whether it's worth the time and bother to do that.
Slabenstein
  • Score data EX8 817, TU8 834, EQ8 834
Processing