We're still adding features to this calculator, but it works now for 60 different aging metrics. Once you enter some very basic, not personally identifiable information about your accounts, they will all be saved locally in your browser. Only the opening and/or closing date are important, and the name you give for an account is entirely up to you and for your own reference. NOTHING gets transferred to our server! As long as you don't clear your local browser cache for this site, you can come back any time and get up to date aging values just by loading the calculator page. Both FICO and VantageScore can award points for aging alone on the 1st of a month - nothing else could have changed on your credit file, and you might see a score increase! (We know of several 'aging thresholds' where this occurs. :) ) Credit Rebels Average Age of Accounts Calculator It will show you the average age of all accounts (AAoA) for both FICO and VantageScore score models, as these two can be different due to the way VS treats the opening date of an account. Aging metrics will be also be shown for each type of account: revolving, loan, mortgage, etc. It is very possible that FICO score models are affected by at least the Oldest and Average ages on each type of account, such as Average Age of Revolving Accounts. FICO alludes to this in their official reason statements for several account types. For example, for revolving accounts: "People who do not frequently open new accounts and have longer credit histories generally pose less risk to lenders. In your case, the age of your oldest revolving account and/or the average age of your revolving accounts is relatively low." Our calculator provides an easy way to correlate score changes with these various aging metrics. Maybe we'll all find something new together!
AAoA Calculator

1 of 19
A year ago
Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:24 am
Cassie
DeveloperLoves long talks on the beach
Cassie has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level53 Last INQFriday, February 14, 2020 Gardening For4 years, 5 months, 13 days, 2 hours, and 4 minutes Next Level in17 days, 21 hours, and 56 minutes on August 14th INQ 1yr onSunday, February 14, 2021 INQ 1yr reached3 years, 5 months, 13 days, 2 hours, and 4 minutes ago INQ 2yr onMonday, February 14, 2022 INQ 2yr reached2 years, 5 months, 13 days, 2 hours, and 4 minutes ago
We're still adding features to this calculator, but it works now for 60 different aging metrics. Once you enter some very basic, not personally identifiable information about your accounts, they will all be saved locally in your browser. Only the opening and/or closing date are important, and the name you give for an account is entirely up to you and for your own reference. NOTHING gets transferred to our server! As long as you don't clear your local browser cache for this site, you can come back any time and get up to date aging values just by loading the calculator page. Both FICO and VantageScore can award points for aging alone on the 1st of a month - nothing else could have changed on your credit file, and you might see a score increase! (We know of several 'aging thresholds' where this occurs. :) ) Credit Rebels Average Age of Accounts Calculator It will show you the average age of all accounts (AAoA) for both FICO and VantageScore score models, as these two can be different due to the way VS treats the opening date of an account. Aging metrics will be also be shown for each type of account: revolving, loan, mortgage, etc. It is very possible that FICO score models are affected by at least the Oldest and Average ages on each type of account, such as Average Age of Revolving Accounts. FICO alludes to this in their official reason statements for several account types. For example, for revolving accounts: "People who do not frequently open new accounts and have longer credit histories generally pose less risk to lenders. In your case, the age of your oldest revolving account and/or the average age of your revolving accounts is relatively low." Our calculator provides an easy way to correlate score changes with these various aging metrics. Maybe we'll all find something new together!
Cassie
  • Score data EQ8:790 TU8:790 EX8:795
Sharing calculator statistics

2 of 19
A year ago
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:42 am
Birdman
Primer AuthorCo-Founder
Birdman has been gardening for over 2 years.
Level28 Last INQWednesday, March 2, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 4 months, 25 days, 2 hours, and 4 minutes Next Level in5 days, 21 hours, and 56 minutes on August 2nd INQ 1yr onThursday, March 2, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 4 months, 25 days, 2 hours, and 4 minutes ago INQ 2yr onSaturday, March 2, 2024 INQ 2yr reached4 months, 25 days, 2 hours, and 4 minutes ago
@Cassie A user has populated the three Bureau calculator, and would like to share the aging statistics with me. How can they do that?
Birdman
  • Score data EQ8-827; TU8-817; EX8-816
    EQ5-751; TI4- 800; EX2-814
Re: Sharing calculator statistics

3 of 19
A year ago
Wed May 03, 2023 5:34 pm
Cassie
Level53 Last INQFriday, February 14, 2020 Gardening For4 years, 5 months, 13 days, 2 hours, and 4 minutes Next Level in17 days, 21 hours, and 56 minutes on August 14th INQ 1yr onSunday, February 14, 2021 INQ 1yr reached3 years, 5 months, 13 days, 2 hours, and 4 minutes ago INQ 2yr onMonday, February 14, 2022 INQ 2yr reached2 years, 5 months, 13 days, 2 hours, and 4 minutes ago
Birdman wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:42 am @Cassie A user has populated the three Bureau calculator, and would like to share the aging statistics with me. How can they do that?
Working on it tonight. It will be an easy link share with the profile info encoded right into the URL. (The data size isn't that big, but at some point I'm going to have to save it locally in our database and use a short URL pointer.) I'll add drag-n-drop at the same time. They can click SHARE and send it via email or something.
Cassie

4 of 19
A year ago
Wed May 03, 2023 6:55 pm
CreditAggie
Seasoned RebelSoft pull CLIs for the win
Level6 Last INQWednesday, January 10, 2024 Gardening For6 months, 17 days, 2 hours, and 4 minutes Next Level in13 days, 21 hours, and 56 minutes on August 10th INQ 1yr onFriday, January 10, 2025 INQ 1yr in5 months, 13 days, 21 hours, and 56 minutes INQ 2yr onSaturday, January 10, 2026 INQ 2yr in1 year, 5 months, 13 days, 21 hours, and 56 minutes Goal12 months Goal DateFriday, January 10, 2025 Goal In5 months, 13 days, 21 hours, and 56 minutes
I just tried the AAoA calculator after the update and 5/24 has been fixed!
CreditAggie
  • Score data EX8: 758 TU8: 756 EQ8: 758
    EX9: 777 TU9: 782 EQ9: 778
    EX2: 754 TU4: 759 EQ5: 738

5 of 19
A year ago
Wed May 03, 2023 7:47 pm
Cassie
CreditAggie wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:55 pm I just tried the AAoA calculator after the update and 5/24 has been fixed!
Thanks @CreditAggie . :) Still needs some polishing, but it's getting there! Oh yeah...be sure to EXPORT (Backup) all your accounts just in case the browser gets cleared somehow. IMPORTing it back in works fine now. Also can export it for use in Excel there.
Cassie

6 of 19
A year ago
Fri May 05, 2023 10:46 pm
Cassie
Sharing is working. Here's my profile: [Credit]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[Rebels] That's what it looks like when the profile data is copied to the clipboard. Select the entire text, press CTRL-C to copy, then go to the calculator page and CTRL-V/paste it. Right now that selection has to be perfectly accurate, meaning no space before or after. I forgot to add the string.trim() call. lol (Going back to do that now.) [EDIT: Fixed. There can be spaces and newlines, before and after, and it will import fine. But not any letters or numbers, of course.] I'll get the Share Link working tomorrow, because that has to be filtered on the server before sending to the calculator.
Cassie

7 of 19
A year ago
Sun May 07, 2023 1:28 am
Birdman
Primer AuthorCo-Founder
Level28 Last INQWednesday, March 2, 2022 Gardening For2 years, 4 months, 25 days, 2 hours, and 4 minutes Next Level in5 days, 21 hours, and 56 minutes on August 2nd INQ 1yr onThursday, March 2, 2023 INQ 1yr reached1 year, 4 months, 25 days, 2 hours, and 4 minutes ago INQ 2yr onSaturday, March 2, 2024 INQ 2yr reached4 months, 25 days, 2 hours, and 4 minutes ago
Cassie wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:46 pm Sharing is working. Here's my profile: [Credit]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[Rebels] That's what it looks like when the profile data is copied to the clipboard. Select the entire text, press CTRL-C to copy, then go to the calculator page and CTRL-V/paste it. Right now that selection has to be perfectly accurate, meaning no space before or after. I forgot to add the string.trim() call. lol (Going back to do that now.) [EDIT: Fixed. There can be spaces and newlines, before and after, and it will import fine. But not any letters or numbers, of course.] I'll get the Share Link working tomorrow, because that has to be filtered on the server before sending to the calculator.
@Cassie first mentions are only allowing us to put one letter now, so we can’t narrow it down with multiple letters, and as the usernames increase that will become more difficult might want to fix that or switch it back or fix whatever is causing it? Please explain to me how the Calculator is working when they copy and paste that to me in a DM, then do I import it back into the Calculator in order to view it? Because someone sent me a link and I clicked it and it took me to the site and populated it nicely. I assume I’m looking at theirs? We also need to add some language on the Calculator requesting people check their scores on the last day of the month and the first day of the month and report any score changes so we can tie them to the aging metrics. Now that we have all the aging metrics accurately calculated, if they will share them, and the point change, we can start getting very useful information, knowing the scorecard as well!! I’m really excited about this. You have outdone yourself with this calculator you have done your thing, kudos I am so proud and happy! And we’re just gonna continue to add features and make it better. This is going to be, well it is the best in the world, but it’s gonna continue to get better. This is going to be a big hook!!! And the hook only gets better, the more features that are added. Just think all these people that don’t even know 20% of the aging factors, much less how to calculate them correctly and they’re relying on the miscalculations from Credit Karma and Experian and other CMSs. Smh. You have created something that is going to help an untold number of people. Between the calculator, the primer and the GST we have some very big unique hooks. I do wish @BrutalBodyShots had copyrighted his GST and actually, he still should! BBS, Go put copyright symbols on your thread, all rights reserved, or maybe I should add it for you because the sooner the better. Anything that we have that is unique with information or strategies we create or Discover, we need to copyright. We need to copywrite the name of the calculator as well. I’m not worried about anyone duplicating it as long as the code is secure because they don’t understand the mechanics. It would be impossible without a corporate team researching for years lol we’re too far ahead. Plus, they would have to have a coder of your caliber, and there aren’t many of those I know!! Plus, they couldn’t do it on a lot of this commercial software they use anyway lol. Cassie you’re awesome!!
Birdman

8 of 19
A year ago
Sun May 07, 2023 2:48 pm
Cassie
I just sent my own profile to my iPhone via text message, copied the message inside iPhone Messages, and pasted it into the calculator.

So it works via RCS text messaging, which allows much longer texts. Most people are on the RCS system now that everyone supports it.

I added some options to the Import dialog to allow easy copy-and-paste on mobile. It's just a textarea target to paste into. On desktop, a simple CTRL-V anywhere on the page will accomplish the same thing.
Cassie

9 of 19
A year ago
Tue May 09, 2023 12:15 pm
Birdman
Primer AuthorCo-Founder
Cassie wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:48 pm I just sent my own profile to my iPhone via text message, copied the message inside iPhone Messages, and pasted it into the calculator. So it works via RCS text messaging, which allows much longer texts. Most people are on the RCS system now that everyone supports it. I added some options to the Import dialog to allow easy copy-and-paste on mobile. It's just a textarea target to paste into. On desktop, a simple CTRL-V anywhere on the page will accomplish the same thing.
So what was actually happening when they emailed me a link and I clicked it and it populated?
Birdman

10 of 19
A year ago
Tue May 09, 2023 1:58 pm
Cassie
Birdman wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:15 pm
Cassie wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:48 pm I just sent my own profile to my iPhone via text message, copied the message inside iPhone Messages, and pasted it into the calculator. So it works via RCS text messaging, which allows much longer texts. Most people are on the RCS system now that everyone supports it. I added some options to the Import dialog to allow easy copy-and-paste on mobile. It's just a textarea target to paste into. On desktop, a simple CTRL-V anywhere on the page will accomplish the same thing.
So what was actually happening when they emailed me a link and I clicked it and it populated?
You were looking at profile data already stored in your browser - not theirs. I hadn't even written code to capture a profile in the link query string at that point. What did you see in the calculator?
Cassie

11 of 19
A year ago
Wed May 10, 2023 6:59 am
Birdman
Primer AuthorCo-Founder
Cassie wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:58 pm
Birdman wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:15 pm
You were looking at profile data already stored in your browser - not theirs. I hadn't even written code to capture a profile in the link query string at that point. What did you see in the calculator?
I gave advice based on a sample profile I made to play with. I got to get in touch with them.
Birdman

12 of 19
A year ago
Wed May 10, 2023 7:18 am
Birdman
Primer AuthorCo-Founder
@Cassie is there anyway for them to store their profile on our server and they give me permission for me to view it? Because this is the feature we need so when we’re helping people they can share metrics to an outlier or a member they trust it’s non-personally identifiable information. That way I can help them right in a post. That I have them to ask 100 questions they just share those statistics. Some may want to show them all just like they do their credit cards and other statistics. Wouldn’t want it taking up space, but it could be one of the things that flips too and scrolls? But we definitely need them to be able to store it here and encourage them to so we can use the data but of course, leave it up to them. Not only will it increase our knowledge base, but most importantly, it will help us to help the rebel and in the thread, rather than going through email or other sites. As a matter of fact, I can write something up explaining the data is non-PII and we are using it to further reverse engineer, the algorithm, and if they could please report the scores on the last day of the month on the first day of the month that would be extremely helpful along with any other changes they are aware of. But leave them the option that if they don’t want to store it on our server, they can have dark with a little checkbox, where it will only store on their browser or export It needs to be biased towards data collection, but with the opt out if they don’t want to in my opinion. We need the data to further break this algorithm down. I need data. I need it by scorecard and I need data on all these obscure metrics No one knows about nor been collecting dps,if I am to break it down further. I think Willisville will be happy to contribute. And one by default they contribute it’s an extra step to opt out which Bud’s cheesesteaks Mornar favor and we’re not doing anything shady because we’re not collecting PII. Plus, we’re using it to help people for free. That’s something we really really need And if we’re going to track the propensities of the lenders for credit limit increases, we have to separate it by lender as well, as I was saying originally. If we’re gonna use a CLI forum, then there’s gonna have to be a place for them to input some Standardized data- like before they can enter the post they gotta do a few drop downs or check boxes - which lender, maybe even product and the amount and the time since last CLI and whether it’s a PCLI, would be nice to know DTI, score, bureau & version pulled and that can be calculated if they’re willing to disclose income, what something out speaking about that confidential, and only used internally for calculations to determine DTI. But they can opt out of that as well. If they keep their inquiries current, which there should be a prompt to remind them to update it, then we can take those into account as well. Not only wd this be able to be placed in a box in the post so that most of the statistics are given, and none are forgotten, it would also allow us to start more tightly determining lender propensity based on data hard data. Ninth good day in a row I think I’m back yall. Think I finally got the last problem fixed because the past nine days have been uphill and I’m feeling like myself for the first time since 2021
Birdman

13 of 19
A year ago
Wed May 10, 2023 7:52 am
Cassie
Birdman wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:18 am @Cassie is there anyway for them to store their profile on our server and they give me permission for me to view it? Because this is the feature we need so when we’re helping people they can share metrics to an outlier or a member they trust it’s non-personally identifiable information.
It will take a few days. Today I need to finish an overhaul of the upload code, along with a changes to the Picture upload front-end dialog.
Cassie

14 of 19
A year ago
Wed May 10, 2023 2:57 pm
Birdman
Primer AuthorCo-Founder
Cassie wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:52 am
Birdman wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:18 am @Cassie is there anyway for them to store their profile on our server and they give me permission for me to view it? Because this is the feature we need so when we’re helping people they can share metrics to an outlier or a member they trust it’s non-personally identifiable information.
It will take a few days. Today I need to finish an overhaul of the upload code, along with a changes to the Picture upload front-end dialog.
Nothing urgent just whenever you get around to it that would be a very cool feature. So they exported it and sent it to me I copied, and I pasted in the text box and hit close and it did not import. That was raw letters. They exported it to a file I downloaded that and was able to import that. So I don’t know why the copy and paste it didnt work with the letters, are you supposed to include the credit header? I tried it both ways
Birdman

15 of 19
A year ago
Wed May 10, 2023 6:01 pm
Cassie
Birdman wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:57 pm
Cassie wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:52 am
Nothing urgent just whenever you get around to it that would be a very cool feature. So they exported it and sent it to me I copied, and I pasted in the text box and hit close and it did not import. That was raw letters. They exported it to a file I downloaded that and was able to import that. So I don’t know why the copy and paste it didnt work with the letters, are you supposed to include the credit header? I tried it both ways
Yes. The encoded profile data is bracketed by [credit] and [rebels]. (As this thing spreads far and wide, I wanted our name out there all over the place, including in the backup files!) The import will fail if either one of those is missing. It will also fail if anything other than whitespace comes before or after. This is only for copy-and-paste profiles, of course. The backup files have no such prefix/suffix. EDIT: I'll make it more forgiving. No reason I can't strip everything before and after the markers. I'm just deep in this upload code and a lot of it is very very old.
Cassie
Any way to update scorecard ID?

16 of 19
10 months ago
Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:33 am
A default user avatar.
EvenBetterThanTheRealThing
Seasoned Rebel
Level3 Last INQFriday, April 12, 2024 Gardening For3 months, 15 days, 2 hours, and 4 minutes Next Level in15 days, 21 hours, and 56 minutes on August 12th INQ 1yr onSaturday, April 12, 2025 INQ 1yr in8 months, 15 days, 21 hours, and 56 minutes INQ 2yr onSunday, April 12, 2026 INQ 2yr in1 year, 8 months, 15 days, 21 hours, and 56 minutes Goal12 months Goal DateSaturday, April 12, 2025 Goal In8 months, 15 days, 21 hours, and 56 minutes
When I view my profile it shows me as DIRTY/PUBLIC RECORD/MATURE, however when I view the AAoA calculator it shows CLEAN/THICK/YOUNG/NEW-REVOLVER. Is there a way to get these to match? I have a dirty profile due to a nearly 6yr old BK7, but due to a long delay between DOFD and when I filed, I have no account history on my report for anything prior to starting my rebuild nov 2021.
EvenBetterThanTheRealThing
A default user avatar.
  • Score data EQ8 688 TU8 698 EX8 692
    EQ9 706 TU9 691 EX9 703
    EQ10T 680 TU10T 683 EX10T 675
Processing